1) What are some reasons you typically resist getting involved in a church?
2) Which of the three purposes/goals of the church is most attractive to you? Why?
What has family meant to you?
What would change in your life if you really embraced the church as your family?
On a personal level how do you define (spiritual) rest?
Who in your life has influence you regarding your view and practice of rest?
1) Is it a surprise to you to learn that God commands you to rest?
2) Name one way you would like to “observe the Sabbath” more effectively?
1. What would change in your life if you knew—truly knew—that you were for- given of all your self-centeredness and failures to love?
2. What if Jesus really was who he said he was—God, as well as Man?
What is one lesson from these healing stories that might impact how you re- late to (a) God and (b) your friends and neighbors in the coming week?
Which words of Jesus’ have you been failing to “put into practice”?
What does this parable tell us?
How do we look at our sin?